As the weather gets colder, people tend to stay in, exercise a little less, and sometimes eat a little more. Make sure that doesn’t happen to you by following these steps.
- Maintain a diet- When the weather gets cold we all have a tendency to reach for the most comforting food while we watch our favorite shows on TV. Make it a habit to avoid eating while watching TV. Maintain good eating habits and you can treat yourself once in a while.
- Join a gym- The easiest way to stay in shape during the colder months is to join a gym and actually go at least 4 times a week. You can do it!!!!
- Workout at home- If you want to keep things simple, do some easy workouts in the comfort of your own home. Pushups and sit-ups are a good place to start.
- Go for a walk on your lunch break- Instead of sitting in your office for your lunch break, go for a walk. If the weather doesn’t permit, try some stretching in your cubicle.
- Drink lots of water- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of H20. You may find that you eat less when you are well hydrated. Sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger.
- Keep track of calories- There are multiple apps on your smart phone that can help you track what you are consuming.
- Avoid overeating- From Thanksgiving dinner to Christmas itself, it seems next to impossible to avoid over eating. When at parties, avoid hovering around the food table and be sure to choose healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables over excess bread, sweets, and savoury snack foods.
Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net