Tired of your kids coming home and devouring an entire bag of chips and filling up on chocolate chip cookies? Here are some healthy after-school snacks that are simple and tasty for your kids to enjoy.
1. Apple Slices. Delicious dipped in almond butter. Try with any nut or seed butter!
2. Trail Mix. A good combination of nuts and seeds that will provide fuel for the rest of the day.
3. Popcorn. Everyone loves popcorn! Pick up a bag of whole grain kernels and pop it on your own at home, preferably not in the microwave.
4. Avocado. ¼-1/2 avocado with lemon- Nutritious and Delicious!
5. Raw unsalted Almonds. A handful of these will feed your hunger the right way.
6. Fresh Fruit Smoothie. Cut up some of the fresh fruit in your fridge, add some milk and blend it together for a nice fresh fruit smoothie.
7. Peanut Butter on Celery Sticks. Chewy goodness. The best of both worlds.
8. Raisins. Sweet and tasty. Don’t eat too many though!!
9. Carrots or Pita with Hummus. There are many great hummus flavours you can try for a savory taste.
10. Plain Yogurt with fruit and Granola. Some granola’s are high in fat and sugar. Try making your own to have on hand!!!